Ladonia Volunteer Fire Department is currently looking for new, motivated members to join our ranks.
There are several benefits to joining our department. Not only do you get an opportunity to give back to your community, but the skills you learn can stay with you for the rest of your life. Although we can not offer you compensation at our department, there are still a few other reasons to join LVFD and they are:
- Become a certified firefighter through the Alabama Fire College!
- Learn invaluable medical skills
- Community outreach programs such as MDA
- You join as a stranger and become part of a family.
- You get to drive a firetruck! (After training of course)
- Be recognized for your hard work with our Firefighter of the year program.
Plus many other activities not to mention, you get to wear a cool hat!
- At least 19 years old.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED. Can be waived if applicant is currently attending classes to obtain GED.
- Clean Driving and Criminal Records.
- Able to pass drug screening and background check.
- Live within the Ladonia Volunteer Fire Department response area.
- Or live within 3 miles of department jurisdictional boundaries and have a 9 minute or less response time from residence to station as determined by Google Maps.